Tuesday, January 14, 2014

edible landscaping

I know plenty of people who incorporate things like blueberry bushes into their landscaping plans, we do live in Maine. I didn't realize that edible landscaping was 'a thing' until just recently when a friend posted about it on Facebook. I've been thinking a lot about what landscaping I want to do in front of our house. I need to get the farmers porch fixed before I start, but the edible landscaping idea intrigued me. I started thinking about all of the perennials and shrubs that are edible that I could incorporate. Obviously blueberries had to be added, I'm planning on planting asparagus anyway, maybe I could add that. If the rhubarb that I planted last year comes up I could replant some of that. Lettuce would be a neat ground cover... My mind just keeps going. I'm excited about all the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment